The latest trend of search engine optimisation has not changed a lot. You still have to:
- Build high-quality links
- Focus on posting valuable content
- Prioritise semantic search
However, with the introduction of mobile-first indexing, SEO best practice has changed a lot. In this post, we will discuss about some of the best and advanced SEO tips, tricks and techniques that will create a significant impact on the overall performance of your website.
#1 Speed Up Your Site
In 2018, the load speed of a website has officially become an important ranking factor. So, if you want to improve your SEO ranking, then you have to boost its load speed first.
#2 Video Is the New Content King
In the last year, we have learned several things about video marketing. In this section we will recall them once again through numbers:
- People across the globe watch an average of one billion hours of video content on a daily basis on video streaming sites like YouTube
- After Google, YouTube is the largest search engine
- Video increases dwell time a lot. So, if you include video on your webpage, then people will spend more time on your site. It will directly boost your SEO ranking.
So, overall it is fair to conclude that by leveraging the power of YouTube videos you will be able to dominate the marketplace. Here are some video making ideas:
- Make a short video on your brand
- Create educational videos
- Add relevant metadata for your videos
- Upload videos on different platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, Wistia etc.
- You should also consider submitting a video sitemap to the search engine
#3 Mobile-First Indexing
Google will now use the mobile version of a website for indexing. So, in 2019 if you want to be on the top of the SERP, then you have to ensure that the mobile version of your website performs excellently on mobile devices. It will help you to achieve a higher ranking. Many companies offer responsive website design services to their clients across the globe at an affordable price. You should consider hiring one of them and build a responsive website. Meanwhile, you should also focus on speeding up your website. These two features will help you to make your site ready for mobile-first indexing.
#4 Update Your GMB Listing
GMB stands for Google My Business, and Google has recently added some exciting features on the GMB platform. It is also expected that the GMB signal of a business is going to be the most important local search engine ranking factor. Elements like images, Google Q&A, reviews and ratings, Google Posts will directly boost your ranking. So, every local business owner should follow this strategy to boost their search engine visibility.
#5 Creative Link Building
Links are still one of the most important SEO ranking factors. So, you should also focus on building quality links. But this time you have to do it in a creative way. Most importantly you should stick with white hat techniques for building links.
So, these are the five advanced SEO tips that you need to follow to enhance your online visibility.