In the initial times, designers and developers created websites using HTML. Although quite easy to build, maintaining them for long-term functionality was a challenging endeavor and even more difficult if the concerned site had manifold pages. However, things did change and for better with the advent of CMS or Content Management System.
What is the difference between CMS-based websites and Static websites?
Content Management System could be loosely defined as an application that allows one to fabricate as well as modify digital data. Extremely viable, through CMS, one would be able to organize and regulate contents in an efficient manner. Thus, we can fairly conclude that any website built using CMS is dynamic. All the web pages and the related information are stored in the database and thus, could be accessed as well as altered without any kind of hassle. The way in which data are displayed also changes, in accordance with the users. CMS-based websites are ideal for modern days because they are encrypted, configured and have diverse tools for the authorized users and admins.
On the other hand, static websites are simply an amalgamation of flat pages. All the data are hardcoded or written on the page itself and then stored in a web server. Thus, accessing them becomes quite difficult. Moreover, the information and the way in which they are displayed also remains same for each user. Modifying static websites is also quite hard. If you want to make a small change in one web page, you need to go through and alter all the other pages, which needs extra effort and is time-consuming as well.
What are the Benefits of CMS websites?
Readers can surely deduce the value of content management system from the above-mentioned discussion. If you are still skeptical, I am sure the below-mentioned points would change your mind. Do buy some time and take a close look at them.
- A content management system allows you to update your websites easily. Simply login into CMS dashboard for creating pages and posts as well as for adding images, videos, and audios. Researches have shown that renovating the pages every now and then could increase traffic, conversions, and sales.
- Websites that have many pages require a mechanism through which one can search stuff without facing much trouble. Well, with CMS, search implementation does become a lot simpler because all the information is stored safely in a database. Suppose you search something using a particular phrase, the database would then present all relevant contents related to the topic. You can now consider the given options and choose one that suits your needs.
- You can change the templates and design of a CMS-based website quite easily. Starting from the home page to inner pages, you are free to adjust the colors, fonts, and layouts. The best thing is even with all these modifications, you are not going to lose the previous contents or information because they remain absolutely safe in the database and do not get affected by the alterations made.
- Websites built with CMS are noted for being intuitive and user-friendly. Even if an individual does face a problem, he/she can get a substantial amount of help online. All the CMS platforms have their own virtual community that is always ready to provide assistance to the ones, who are in need.
- Finally, yet importantly, CMS websites are designed in such a way that they provide much value as well save both time and money. Owing to its simplicity, you do not need any professional training or technical expertise for building these sites. Individuals can just plunge in, look around and they would have a clear idea of how the varied items function.
It is due to the aforementioned benefits that all the contemporary business owners are moving on to invest in CMS-based websites.