Upwork and Freelancer are some of the most popular freelance marketplaces that have made their impact across the industry. This type of sites helps businesses and freelancers to meet each other.
By using a freelance marketplace, companies can easily find potential freelancers for accomplishing any of their projects. On the other hand, freelancers get the chance to show their talent across the globe and earn money in the comfort of their home.
If you want to build a freelance marketplace and bring businesses and freelancers under the same umbrella, we can help you out. All you need to do is to continue reading to know the techniques of developing a freelance marketplace.
At first, you have to conduct in-depth market research in order to find out your competitors. After finding them, you have to check their business model. In addition to that, you also have to access their website very carefully in order to identify the main features and benefits that they offer to their users.
If you want to develop your own freelance marketplace, you have to focus on improving the functionality of your site. We mainly offer two options to our clients – one is developing a website from scratch, and the second one is developing a website clone.
Comparatively, it is easy to develop a full functioning freelance marketplace with the help of clone scripts. We offer freelancer clone script to our clients and help them to build a high functioning website.
If you want to customise your site even then, we will help you out. Our web developers are highly skilled and experienced. They will do everything in their power to make customised changes on your site. In this way, you also will be able to put your signature style on your freelance marketplace.
While developing the site, you also have to design revenue models through which you will earn money. In the section below we will talk about a few of those models which will help you to make maximum profit.
- You can earn money through the project listing feature. Create a premium package for businesses which will allow them to post a number of projects at once and allow them to get all the jobs done at once.
- Membership fees will also help you to earn money. Allow your users to join your site for free but make some features restricted. Let them access those features once they pay you the fees and become premium members.
- You can also earn money through commission. In fact, you should target this area to maximise your profit. By adopting this model, you will be able to make money whenever a transaction will be done on your platform.
- You can also charge bidding fees from the freelancers. Give them a few free bids. If they want to bid more then make them pay for it.
- You can also earn few extra bucks from the companies by allowing them to feature their project. Ensure that the featured projects will easily get noticed and draw the attention of potential freelancers.
Launch and Promotion
Finally, at this stage, you have to launch your website. At first, you have to check the website at your level. In addition to that, you should also ask your friends, families, employees and clients to access the site and share their user experience with you. After going through their reviews if you think that the site needs any changes then do it, and after that, you can consider launching the website.
In addition to that, you also have to focus on promoting your site in order to reach more people. Guest blogging can be a good option for you which will help you to create the buzz. In addition to that, you can also consider investing in social media marketing and video marketing to promote your website.
When your site is live, you have to invite freelancers and businesses to join your site. If you search carefully on the web, then you will find plenty of online forums where freelancers get together. You can join such forums to let them know about your platform.
Here comes another important question, what you can do to invite clients. Well, LinkedIn can be a good solution for this. This networking site has a great database of customers that you can target to boost the traffic flow to your website and drive business.
Once you get clients and freelancers on your website, your business will start running automatically. In order to improve their engagement, you can award the best freelancers and clients, start rating their profiles and more.
By following the tips that we have mentioned above, you will be able to start your own freelance marketplace and sooner you will also start making money.